Multi-Act proposes to be a trusted long-term Advisor for UHNIs, Family Offices, and Corporate Treasuries. The service is consultative and collaborative in nature and it focuses on key aspects such as asset allocation, risk management, equity/debt portfolio strategies, Mutual Fund & stock selection. Multi-Act also advises on other asset classes such as currencies and commodities as well as financial products such as AIF’s and REITs. Our advisory service is supported by in-house research, diagnostic tools, and analytical capabilities that together aim to give clients more insight and therefore more control over their portfolios.
- Flat Fee Structure
- Independent Equity Research
- Global Investment Advisory
- Strategy Meetings with Multi-Act’s Chairman
- Cost Efficiencies in Portfolios
- Use of Austrian Economics Framework to Understand Global Macro Risk
Global Rational Analysis Framework (GRAF)
Our GRAF approach to investing is adapted from the technique of ‘Rational Analysis’ developed by the John Bollinger (source: CFA Magazine Article, 2005). The framework is designed to: 1. Enable the objective analysis of companies, 2. Enable structured investment decision making and 3. Limit inherent behavioural biases. Combining the four analytical methods below effectively is the essence of our investment approach.
Uses appropriate valuation tools to arrive at an expected business valuation for the stock
Uses stock price patterns in an attempt to harness tailwinds in market momentum and avoid headwinds. This is an essential timing tool, and helps us determine strategic entry and exit points before we invest
It involves use of statistical tools for assessing trends in certain asset classes (esp. commodities)
We recognize the human element in the investment world, to avoid falling prey to emotional decisions like market greed and fear
Scope of Services
Portfolio advisory is consultative in nature and focuses on the overall Asset Allocation of a portfolio and the development of policy guidelines and directions on all asset classes including fixed income, alternatives, gold and currencies, amongst others.
Macro Reports track major global and Indian market risks, trends and opportunities. It includes ‘proprietary indicators’ that help assess market valuations and sentiments. Macro reports help our clients gain a top-down view of the markets and enables them to make more informed tactical asset allocation decisions grounding in data and evidence
PDRs enable an investor to understand the nature and landscape of their equity and fixed income portfolio with respect to the quality of companies, valuation, reward vs. risk, technical, and other momentum indicators.
MFPAs analyse Mutual Funds from a portfolio quality, balance sheet risk, valuation risk and the momentum assessment on a standalone or relative basis. Our MFPA provides clients with insights beyond past performance.
Independent Equity Research merges fundamental, technical, quantitative and behavioural analyses, to ensure a rational and risk-controlled approach to investing.
Detailed advisory on other investment avenues like AIFs, REITs, InvITs, Private Equity, Private Debt, IPOs etc. using the same principles of prudence and focus on capital preservation.
A Response to Global Challenges That Families Face
A Complex Global Macro Environment
- Near Zero Nominal and or Real Interest Rates
- US Dollar Hegemony and No Alternative
- Misplaced Trust in Central Banks
- There is no income in fixed income
Severe Dilution of Fiduciary Responsibility
- Flawed Structure of Delivery of Financial Services
- Commission Led Business
- Selecting the Right Financial Intermediary
A Plethora of Investment Strategies
- Complexity of Investment strategies, instruments, manager styles and intermediary functions
- Danger of mis-buying and mis-selling
A trusted, transparent, and resourceful capital markets partner in the continuous pursuit of investment excellence.
Documents & Samples
- Investor Charter - Investment Adviser
- Mutual Fund Portfolio Analytics LT-FB Classification
- IPO Note - Star Health
- Indian Macro and Markets Overview
- Fund Analysis - Parag Parikh Flexi Cap Fund
- Family Office Advisory Case Study
- Equity Fund 1 Pager - IIFL Focused Equity Fund
- Debt Fund Analysis - HDFC Corp Bond Fund