Multi-Act was founded in 1997 by two Wharton graduates, to develop an Equity Research capability for their own investments. Today, we employ 70+ people who operate out of our offices in Mumbai and Pune and service a range of clients from wealthy families and family business owners to sophisticated investors and capital intermediaries around the globe.
Careers at Multi-Act
Multi-Act offers Challenging and Exciting opportunities in the field of Finance...
Come, Join Us!!
Careers at Multi-Act
The company’s vision rests on the premise of intellectual honesty in the office and honesty with the customers .We observe a high standard of business and personal ethics while discharging responsibilities. This requires the practice of honesty and integrity in every aspect of dealing with colleagues, the public, the business community, stakeholders, customers, suppliers and governmental and regulatory authorities. The work culture encourages learning and growing, and individuals are encouraged to come up with a solid business plan, for which Multi-Act will back them. Some of the primary LOBs of Multi-Act are-
- Equity Research
- Portfolio Management
- Client Advisory
As Multi-Act is financial services organization, most of the employees that we hire are qualified Chartered Accountants and Chartered Financial Analysts.
Careers are in the field of-
- Equity Research- Fresh CAs
- Marketing- MBA/CAs
- Portfolio Management
- IT- (Data Analytics and Back Testing)
- Accounts & Finance
- Legal & Company Secretary
- HR & Admin
The most striking aspect is that Multi-Act constantly endeavors to pursue investment excellence without compromising on the virtues like discipline, patience and objectivity. An entity which encourages lateral thinking and rational approach amongst all its stakeholders while discouraging short term myopic views. Multi-Act’s vision tries to instill margin of safety as a way of life.Vikas BiyaniAssociate Director, Client Advisory.
What I like “the most” about Multi-Act is its basic investment philosophy, i.e Rational Analysis - Rational Investment approach.Mandar ChapekarClient Counsellor cum Senior Analyst
It is an organization built by investors for investors. Based on years of experience in global stock markets, Multi-Act has developed sound investment philosophy.Nimisha PanditHead, Research Team
Multi-Act allows freedom to search for personal strength-weaknesses over a long term career path to get aligned with specific strategies rather than just following singular routine constricted to narrow view. At the early stage of my service in Multi-Act, I found this to be an extremely inspiring and motivating environment.Abhijit SatputeSenior Analyst
Multi-Act has taught me the art of investing and helped me evaluate which are great businesses to invest in for any venture to become successful one has to be aware of not what to do.Jinal ShethAssociate Director , Portfolio Management
Role: Research Associate
To perform Research Analysis of Multi-Act’s fundamental data from the company’s annual report into Multi-Act developed spreadsheet formats.
- Comprehensive input and analysis of 15 years of financial data or more, if available.
- Understanding the company’s fundamentals and the true economic profits rather than reported earnings which can be subsequently used for valuation with reasonable certainty/conviction.
- Focus on Quality of Earnings including accounting policy choices/changes and the impact of same on reported earnings.
- Basic understanding of valuation methodology and business/industry analysis.
Chartered Accountant (CA) OR MBA ( Finance) + should have cleared CFA Level 3
Other Skills Required:
Accounting and Ratio Analysis; Familiarity with ARs; Comfortable working in Excel/Database environment.
Good to have:
An eye for detail; liking for numbers.
Sincerity and efficiency are required with demonstration of interest and willingness to learn.
Minimum Work Experience: Freshers Only
Role: Business Analyst – Corporate
- Sourcing companies for suitable investment opportunity globally, specifically in private fintech space for the AIF (alternate investment fund)
- Researching private companies for the group’s proprietary investment book
- Consolidating and analyzing financial data including financial statements, forecasts, variances and trends taking into account company’s goal and financial needs
- Extensive financial modeling including sensitivity and scenario analysis to support potential investment opportunities and help in accessing risk
- Design, improve, and implement valuation models such as relative value, DCF etc.
- Provide financial evaluation of project investment opportunities including review of project documents and agreements
- Meeting with company managers and participate in negotiations on behalf of the firm for new investments dealing
- Present reports/notes to board members, stakeholders, and clients in formal meetings
- Provide ongoing monitoring of assets within the firm’s portfolios including review of operating results and maintaining project performance
- Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Coordinate and prioritize due diligence activities
- Perform other duties as assigned including any short term temporary assignment for the group’s industrial undertaking if required.
- Chartered Accountant (CA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- 2-3 years of finance experience
- Solid knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Highly proficient in using advanced excel and making dash boards etc. VBA would be an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills with clear concise writing
- Use data and research to build meaningful reports, presentations and notes
- Ability to be data driven and analytical
- Comfortable working in cross functional team
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Travel as required
Role: Research Executive
The position of a ‘Research Executive’ in Multi-Act encompasses the role of providing important data and support to the Research Analysts at Multi-Act.
- Updating quarterly financial and operating data from company’s earnings release and investor presentations in time bound manner.
- Updating financial models based on annual report numbers in time bound manner.
- Preparing company/client report in form of PPT’s, Word documents, Excel, etc.
- Creating excel based data models.
- Generating reports from Excel and MARKAS (Internal Database application)
CA Part 1, B.com/ M.Com, MBA – Finance.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial terms
- Basic understanding of financial markets
- Good communication
- Good command over MS office
- High degree of Professional code of conduct is expected
- Ability to manage multiple requirements in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Team player, Courteous and helpful attitude.
- High degree of integrity with sense of maintaining confidentiality of important files/data.
Minimum Work Experience:
- 1-4 year of experience
- Experience in sell side research firms, credit rating, KPO would be given preference
Role: Research Associate – Statistician
The Quant Research associate will be responsible for bringing the theoretical research into practice. Also, he/she will need to understand the current methods at use in Multi-Act for financial analysis, and using observation/ published research, polish them even further.
- Applying statistical techniques on various types of financial data
- Research on applicable topics.
- Read and understand research papers and apply the findings in work.
- Testing of various investment strategies
- Obtaining clean data from various sources
Soft skills required –
- Good presentation skills
- Good communication skills
M.sc (Statistics) from reputed university
Must have – Statistical Analysis, Team working aptitude, Programming (excel/R/Python), database knowledge (SQL/MongoDB etc)
Good to have- Financial Knowledge
Minimum Work Experience: Fresher preferred. 0-1 years